Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dressed for Snow




It's New Years Eve!! For the second year in a row my plans may be cancelled due to snow. It is snowing out now and I am waiting for the news to come on to see what they say about the rest of the day. Last year we just went out New Years night but this year that may not be an option because we are suppose to get snow for the next few days. One of the storms will be a big one.

The Sugar Bowl has started up again and you know me, I have to play. This time it is a sketch the the theme "new". You could do New Years, New Baby etc or use a new stamp. I decided to use a new stamp. I really liked the patchwork jacket on this snowman. It was also easy to cut out which worked perfectly with this sketch.

I was tempted to put some glitter on this card but I wanted it to look a little more country so I resisted the temptation.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years Eve. I'll see you in 2010!!!

If you like my card please leave a comment. I love reading all the things you say.

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU Always Artichoke, Tempting Tourquoise
DP: Basic Grey
STAMP: Sugar Nellie
MISC: MS Snowflake punch, Tonic Snowflake punch, Amuse dots, SU Corner punch, SU brads

6 comments:

Pia said...

Peggy,
Your new snowman is adorable! I love the bg paper you picked. I thought you did some fancy cutting to get it all to match up but then I saw the corner punch-what a dunce I am?!

Kristen said...

Way cute Peg... I went to the paper Tree today and used my money. Bought more copics. Happy New Year my Friend!

Lilian said...

This is super cute Peggy! Love the image and lovely papers you've used. Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Happy 2010!

Mary C said...

I love what you did with this challenge Peggy. That snowman is adorable, I love the colors that you chose for him!

Michelle Quinno said...

Love this color combo and everything about it!

Kathy said...

I love your fun take on this sketch Peggy!! Such pretty colors and I love this image!!!
Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge with us!
:)Kathy